In September 2013 representatives of business, education and community organisations met to discuss issues relating to the future at the (co)lab summit in Atlanta, Georgia. Videos of presentations Including one from Will Richardson, are available on the (co)lab summit Youtube channel.
Education leader, Tony Wagner, delivered this address Reinventing education for the 21st century where he outlines the 7 survival skills that matter most for students in the new economy in which we live.
1. Critical thinking and problem solving (ability to ask the right questions)
2. Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
3. Agility and adaptability to cope with the pace of change
4. Initiative and entrepreneurship (ability to set one's own goals)
5. Effective oral and written communication
6. Ability to access and analyse information
7. Curiosity and imagination.